Asynchronous Data Access in ASP.NET (Live demo)

Prodip Saha

http://www.aspnet4you.com/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=5017

Asynchronous Data Access in ASP.NET (Live demo)
Author: Saha,Prodip Posted:5/15/2005 6:03:17 PM

Web Architecture is becoming increasingly popular everyday as the
technology is moving towards the service oriented architecture(SOA). Part of
my job is to present shared volume of data to the user interface like web
form. Depending on the requests sometime it takes only fraction of a second
and sometime it takes more than ten minutes to process a request. Web
application users become increasingly frustrated if a task takes too long to
process and they can't see some kind of feedback. In this article I would
like to show how to entertain the users when an Asynchronous long running
process is solemnly performing it's duty.

Asynchronous Data Access- Live Demo at ASPNET4YOU.COM