    Amir Guest

    Is there any good books on asynchronous design in VHDL?

    Thank you.

    Amir, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Amir

    MM Guest

    Do you mean designing with multiple clocks? I don't think there are any
    books written on just this topic, but some books have chaptes about crossing
    clock domains. Also, several days ago in the "Should I worry about
    metastability" thread on comp.arch.fpga Paul Leventis pointed to this great
    paper on the subject:
    http://www.sunburst-design.com/papers/CummingsSNUG2001SJ_AsyncClk_rev1_1.pdf

    /Mikhail

    MM, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Google is your friend, searching for "asynchronous logic design" gives the
    following result (of course more are shown), which could be used as a
    starting point.

    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/async/

    HTH.

    Ansgar
    --
    Attention please, reply address is invalid, please remove "_xxx_" ro reply

    Ansgar Bambynek, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Amir

    Amir Guest

    Thanks for your help.