Asynchronous processing

Guest

Hello All,

I would like to know how I can process a non-CPU bound operation in an
asynchronous fashion so that the original thread is returned to the thread
pool? Fritz Onion wrote a very interesting article on asynchronous handlers
but handlers may not be suitable for my requirement.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx

Does anyone know of articles that discuss how to perform a lengthy operation
in an asynchronous fashion?

Thanks All!!

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

in your case you want to create a manager thread. when a request wants to
perform an async operation, it queues the request to the manager thread
which stats the operation. when the async operation completes, the mananger
thread starts a pool thread toprocess the response.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Would you be able to point to an example code or reference articles? If not,
what API should I be using to create threads?

Thanks a lot!!