    Please suggest. Your quick response is highly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Sriram Mallajyosula
    =?Utf-8?B?U3JpcmFtIE1hbGxhanlvc3VsYQ==?=, May 2, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3JpcmFtIE1hbGxhanlvc3VsYQ==?=

    bruce barker Guest

    the webservice should be changed to reply right away, and return a
    ticket number used to check the status of the process. the web service
    would then have to handle the background threads.

    if you can not change the web service, then your app will have to use
    background threads.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 2, 2007

  3. Asynchronous page processing would only normally be useful if you had several
    WebService calls you needed to perform "in parallel". ASP.NET page processing
    halts until all the asynchronous tasks have returned, or timed out, as you
    have discovered.

    It sounds like what you want is more of a "fire and forget" type pattern.
    Hope that helps,
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, May 2, 2007