Asynchronous web pages

mark.norgate

Hello

The thing that interested me more about ASP.NET 2.0 before it came out
was asynchronous web pages. Now it's here and I have time to
investigate, I'd like to know about how to write pages that don't do
callbacks to the server.

Where is this described in the MSDN Library? I can find examples,
evangelical articles and so on but no reference documentation. Does
anyone have a link?

(please don't say "search" because I have)

Ta, Mark

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

I'm not sure what technology you are looking for. asp.net 2.0 does not
change the browser request/response model as that would require changes to
the browser. the server can not call the browser, the browser must still
poll the server. 2.0 has some support for ajax which is browser client code
making async calls to the server. the new atlas library (beta) has more
support for ajax.

any ajax techonolgy is going to require you learn javascript and the browser
dom, to get good use of it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)