Asynchronous Web Services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gary Howlett, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Gary Howlett

    Gary Howlett Guest

    Hi,

    I have a web service that I call asynchronously, I want to do is...

    1) Call the Web Service
    2) Show on the Web Page the Service is processing.
    3) Get the Web services results when thread returns.
    4) Show the results on the webpage.

    Everything works untill I get to stage 4, when I debug I know the results
    are coming back and into my dataset. However how do I get the page the user
    is looking at to refresh? as all it says it my label saying...processing.

    Many Thanks

    Regards

    Gary Howlett
    Systems Developer
    Rainbow Financial Services
    Email:
    Web: www.rainbowgrp.co.uk
    Gary Howlett, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Gary Howlett

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    use <META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="10; URL=http://www.htmlhelp.com/">
    to auto refresh the page every X secounds. every X secound (the page
    will be process on the server) look for Session data that indicate if
    the process done. if not return the "processing" message else return
    results from DataSet.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana