Asynchronus call to query in ASP.NET page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Adnan, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. Adnan

    Adnan Guest

    Hi All
    I have a gridview and a reportviewer on my webpage where the reportviewer
    queries (taking 1 min) run asynchronusly in Page_Load.

    AddOnPreRenderCompleteAsync(new BeginEventHandler(BeginAsyncOperation),new
    EndEventHandler(EndAsyncOperation));

    However the page does not return and display the rest of controls until the
    Asynchornus calls have run.

    I thought using an asynchornous approch would mean all controls including
    the Gridview will be viewable and clickable and the reportviewer will be
    rendered only when the query has run.

    Is there a way in which I can enable all the other controls to be viewable
    while the reportviewer asynch calls are still running ?

    Thanks

    Adnan, Jul 24, 2007