asyncore.dispatcher.handle_read

Indy

Greetings.

I am writing an asynchronous server, and I use the standard library's
module asyncore.
I subclass asyncore.dispatcher. handle_accept works just right, that
is, when a client socket makes a request to connect to my server
socket, things that I set in handle_accept definition, happen. So, it
is OK. But, the problem is that handle_read does not work as expected.
Things I set in handle_read definition, do not happen when a client
socket sends me data. Why? Is this a known problem? Please, can you
help me?
Thanks a lot, in advance.

Best regards,
Aristotelis Mikropoulos

Jordan

That was not entirely helpful, it's way more likely a mistake you made
in subclassing dispatcher than a problem within asycore itself (that
ended up sounding a lot more mean/angry than intended, sorry ¬_¬ ),
you really need to show us what changes you made to asyncore.dispatcher
if you want help. Good luck.

Cheers,
Jordan

Indy