AsyncPostBackTriggers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. Hi misters,

    Here we have two UpdatePanels defined with the second one including a
    declaration for an AsyncPostBackTrigger that wires up the click event of the
    button contained in the other UpdatePanel. When the user clicks the button,
    the second UpdatePanel will refresh its contents.

    In my page,when the user clicks the button, the updToolbar UpdatePanel
    refresh its contents too, but I want not refresh contents when the user
    clicks the button, only refresh updDynamicContent UpdatePanel, not updToolbar.

    Any suggestions about it ?? Thanks.

    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="updToolbar" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Button ID="btnRefresh" runat="server" Text="Refresh" />
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="updDynamicContent" runat="server"
    UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:GridView ID="gvListOfThings" runat="server"></asp:GridView>
    </ContentTemplate>
    <Triggers>
    <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnRefresh"
    EventName="Click" />
    </Triggers>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

    --