At my wits end

Muckey

I need to make a winform component that embeds in an aspx page. This
component will do some ftp work from our intranet site to our internet site.
We need to use a component to avoid having to recreate the connection after
every postback. I have embedded wincontrols in a page so i think i got that
down. My next step now is to get the component to show files on the users
computer then to get it to show files on the internet site. The second i
import the system.io namespace my component refuses to load. I know why this
is happening, but i am also under the impression that using the framework
config tool in the control panel i can set permissions on the assembly to
bypass the security concerns. There are a ton of components out there on the
market that seem to do this but i suppose there are ways they could be
"sneaky" about it.

My question is, am i chasing my tail?

So far i have made a snk file and included it in the <assembly: pathtokey=>
tag (i know this isnt the exact tag name but im working off the top of my
head here). It is my understanding that once you set that attribute and
recompile the assembly becomes strong named. Once i have given my assembly a
strong name i go to Microsoft .net configuration tools -> Runtime security
Policy -> all code -> my computer and go through the wizrad giving my
assembly full trust but it still refuses to show me the files i am looking
for on my directory.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks

steve