AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Guest

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

http://support.att.net/usenet

Jive Dadson

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

http://support.att.net/usenet

I am trying to figure out what to do about this. I have an EasyNews
subscription, and I use it for reading USENET, but ATT says I have used
their service within the last 90 days. It's very confusing.

Jive Dadson

[...]

Ah ha. I think I may have figured out how to work around it. I need to
use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than
the ATT server. I think. Maybe. Does anyone know if it's possible to
have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

I know this is not a Python question. Please forgive me. The main
reason I'm sending these messages is just to see if they go through.

Mike Kazantsev

Yea, they've been telling all of Usenet that for weeks now. I
used to wonder how people that clueless survive beyond early
childhood. The fact that they do survive is as good a proof of
the existance of a merciful God as any offerred up by any of
the apologetics I've ever read. It almost enough to make a guy
doubt evolution....

If one discards evolution theory as a scientific misconduct, it kinda
makes sense even without religion, but the theories that can be drawn
from such facts are quite disturbing and deeply depressing ;)

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net

Terry Reedy

news.gmane.org (free) mirrors python-list as gmane.comp.python.general
I prefer it to c.l.p because python-list filters out most spam.
Ah ha. I think I may have figured out how to work around it. I need to
use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than
the ATT server. I think. Maybe. Does anyone know if it's possible to
have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

Tbird recommends not doing so (no idea why), so it *must* be possible
;-). Looks pretty simple.