    offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
    reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

    http://support.att.net/usenet

    Jive Dadson Guest

    wrote:
    > Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
    > offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
    > reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.
    >
    > http://support.att.net/usenet

    I am trying to figure out what to do about this. I have an EasyNews
    subscription, and I use it for reading USENET, but ATT says I have used
    their service within the last 90 days. It's very confusing.
    Jive Dadson, Jun 19, 2009

    Jive Dadson Guest

    Jive Dadson, Jun 19, 2009

    Jive Dadson Guest

    Jive Dadson, Jun 19, 2009

    Jive Dadson Guest

    wrote:
    > Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
    > offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
    > reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.
    >
    > http://support.att.net/usenet

    Ah ha. I think I may have figured out how to work around it. I need to
    use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than
    the ATT server. I think. Maybe. Does anyone know if it's possible to
    have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

    I know this is not a Python question. Please forgive me. The main
    reason I'm sending these messages is just to see if they go through.
    Jive Dadson, Jun 19, 2009
  6. On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:54:35 -0500
    Grant Edwards <> wrote:

    > > I am trying to figure out what to do about this. I have an
    > > EasyNews subscription, and I use it for reading USENET, but
    > > ATT says I have used their service within the last 90 days.
    > > It's very confusing.

    > Yea, they've been telling all of Usenet that for weeks now. I
    > used to wonder how people that clueless survive beyond early
    > childhood. The fact that they do survive is as good a proof of
    > the existance of a merciful God as any offerred up by any of
    > the apologetics I've ever read. It almost enough to make a guy
    > doubt evolution....

    If one discards evolution theory as a scientific misconduct, it kinda
    makes sense even without religion, but the theories that can be drawn
    from such facts are quite disturbing and deeply depressing ;)

    --
    Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net

    Mike Kazantsev, Jun 19, 2009

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Jive Dadson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
    >> offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
    >> reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party
    >> vendors.

    news.gmane.org (free) mirrors python-list as gmane.comp.python.general
    I prefer it to c.l.p because python-list filters out most spam.

    > Ah ha. I think I may have figured out how to work around it. I need to
    > use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than
    > the ATT server. I think. Maybe. Does anyone know if it's possible to
    > have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

    Tbird recommends not doing so (no idea why), so it *must* be possible
    ;-). Looks pretty simple.
    Terry Reedy, Jun 19, 2009