atexit handler in IDLE?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Janssen, Jan 15, 2013.

  1. Mark Janssen

    Mark Janssen Guest

    On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Steve Spicklemire <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to get this program, which works on the command line, to run correctly in the IDLE environment:
    >
    > import atexit
    >
    > print "This is my program"
    >
    > def exit_func():
    > print "OK.. that's all folks!"
    >
    > atexit.register(exit_func)
    >
    > print "Program is ending..."

    You know, I think I looked at this problem once. It was rather
    strange, but I think you need to create a tempfile, so that Python
    knows that IDLE is running. There's an item for this in IDLE's TODO
    list. I was going to implement it, which is fairly east, but never
    got to it.

    mark
    Mark Janssen, Jan 15, 2013