atexit not being executed

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Gorton, May 3, 2005.

  1. Chris Gorton

    Chris Gorton Guest

    I am currently writing some code within a Data Quality tool that allows for
    transforms to pass data records through what they call User Defined
    Transforms (This transforms allow access to all python functionality). It is
    currently using version 2.3

    My problem is as follows:

    I am calling an API and obtaining a thread id via the ctypes module,
    performing my required tasks then outputting the appended data as required.
    This then runs for every record within the file with the exception of
    re-initialising the DLL (This is only performed once to improve
    performance). Everything is working fine however I have no way of knowing
    when all of the data records have passed through the transform so that I can
    call the 'close' function supplied within the API. I tried looking through
    the documentation and came across atexit. I tried putting this into my code
    and it never seems to actually process the atexit.register(....) function
    thus leaving me stranded. My question is what might be the reason for this
    happening (The company support are not too helpful in this matter) and are
    there any other possible ways that I might be able to overcome this problem
    that I seem to have.
    Chris Gorton, May 3, 2005