    completes and then the value in the second textbox is reset to the original
    value. Is there anything I can do about this? It's really causing problems
    with incorrect data being entered.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Hi Jason,

    As for the ASP.NET AJAX update panel TextBox autopostback issue, I've
    performed some test on my local environment. It seems this is a environment
    specific problem. When you use AJAX updatepanel to do partial update in
    page, the postback in panel is actually marshed through xml request sent by
    the ajax background components(use xmlhttp...), therefore, if the postback
    data is large, whether the postback event code logic is long-run or the
    network condition is not quite good, it may takes sometime for the partial
    postback to finish and you'll encounter a delay. In my local test, when the
    panel partial postback, it refresh the panel immediately so that I haven't
    a chance to input any other data in other textboxes. BTW, have you checked
    the client-side rendered html source to see whether the postback script is
    set to execute immdediately as below:

    =========
    <input name="txt3" type="text"
    onchange="javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'txt3\',\'\')', 0)"
    ............. id="txt3" />
    =============

    If the rendered source doesn't get wrong, the problem is due to the ajax
    postback which rely on the network condition and the server processing
    time. If possible you can use clientScript to display a message in a label
    indicate that the data is submit for processing. Or you can even make the
    other textbox readonly when one of them is postback, e.g.

    ========
    txt1.Attributes["onchange"] = "document.getElementById('txt2').readOnly =
    true;";

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead