Atlas ScriptManager vs. MyPage.aspx.designer.cs

Jason Kester

I've noticed some strange behavior with Atlas, and I'm wondering if
anybody else is seeing this.

Basically, from the moment I add a ScriptManager tag to one of my
pages, any subsequent controls that I add will not show up in
MyPage.aspx.designer.cs. It's like the presence of Atlas flips a
switch somewhere in VS.NET and it stops tracking changes. I can
reproduce this by creating a new document, adding a few HtmlInputText
controls, then adding a ScriptManager and a few more HtmlInputText
controls. The first batch of controls shows up in .designer.cs,
whereas the ScriptManager itself and any subsequent controls are
missing.

Granted, it's not that big a hassle to manage the control list in
..designer.cs by hand (as anybody doing 1.1 development knows already),
but I think it's strange that it is happening.

Has anybody else noticed this? Any workarounds?

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/