Atlas: Validator Controls don't cancel postback

Guest

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the validator controls and Atlas June CTP.
The update panel is posting back to the server even if a control fails
validation.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Nigeaman,

Welcome to the ASP.NET newsgroup.

From your description, I understand you're encountering some problem when
using the ASP.NET valiadtion controls in the UpdatePanel in ATLAS
components. You found the validation error won't prevent the update panel
from updating, correct?

As for this issue, are you testing through the ATLAS JUNE CTP? I've just
performed some local tests upon the June CTP package. I add some textboxes
and submit button , the textboxes are validated through some
requiredFieldvaliadtors, it seems the validation error at client-side can
prevent the udatepanel submiting the button click request. Therefore, I'm
suspecting the problem you met is a page specific problem. Would you
provide some further detailed info on the page you tested so that I can
also perform some tests on my side according to it?

If there is anything I missed, please feel free to let me know also.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security