    Thanks
    Roger
    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. Bruce Barker Guest

    not exatly sure your question.

    ATLAS callback pages are not a SOAP webservices. their main function over
    the builtin client callback support in asp.net 2.0, is to support
    serialzation of data for javascript. the classes the ATLAS callback page use
    can be local or a webservice.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jan 17, 2006

    Sorry that the question was not clear.

    I have the following

    SampleTest.cs class

    namespace Samples.AspNet
    {
    public class SampleTest
    {
    public String getSampleInfo(int sample_id, string type)
    {
    XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
    SampleService sample = new SampleService();
    xmlDoc = sample.getSampleData(sample_id);
    return xmlDoc.InnerXml.ToString();

    called from
    <script type="text/javascript" src="SampleTest.cs/js">
    </script>

    function GetSamples(){

    var sample_id = document.getElementById("sample_id");

    Samples.AspNet.SampleTest.getSampleInfo(sample_id.value, "sample",
    OnRequestComplete);
    }

    function OnRequestComplete(result)
    {
    populate html
    }

    Now if I create the SampleTest as a WebService, this will work
    perfectly.

    When I call it as a .cs file, I get a javascript error 'Samples' is not
    defined

    Please forgive me I am new to this.

    Thanks
    Roger