    I want to put an applet on my web site, which tells the time, just as
    accurately as the atomic clock, and updates itself accordingly

    Where can I get such an applet?

    Ravi Sandhu, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Ravi Sandhu

    KC Wong Guest

    > Hope someone can help
    >
    > I want to put an applet on my web site, which tells the time, just as
    > accurately as the atomic clock, and updates itself accordingly

    How about doing a Google search first? www.google.com

    Search terms: "Free Time Server".
    First result: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

    A freeware that auto-sync a windows machine's time. Then you can use the
    applet to fetch time from the server. (I assume you own the server)

    But ask yourself: How accurate do you want? Because it also takes an unknown
    period of time for your applet to fetch time from server!

    > Where can I get such an applet?

    Please also note: These newsgroups are the place for people to learn... not
    asking for free software. If the required software is already available as
    freeware or open-source, you should search for them (www.Google.com,
    www.sourceforge.net, www.freshmeat.net etc.). If not, you either learn how
    to write them... or pay for them.

    KC Wong, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Ravi Sandhu

    nos Guest

    "KC Wong" <> wrote in message
    > > Hope someone can help
    > >
    > > I want to put an applet on my web site, which tells the time, just as
    > > accurately as the atomic clock, and updates itself accordingly

    So you want something that is more accurate than a nanosecond?
    It takes more than a nanosecond to update an applet.

    nos, Feb 18, 2004