    why the event handler is not called.
    --
    L. A. Jones
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, May 15, 2007

  2. One reason the ServerValidate won't fire (on a customValidator) is that the
    control set in the "ControlToValidate" property isn't dirty (i.e. the
    value/text hasn't changed). I've noticed this with some 3rd party controls,
    and there is usually a workaround.

    Also, the ServerValidate event will only be called on a postback, so if
    there's an href or something on your page that is redirecting to another
    page, you may have a problem there as well.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, May 15, 2007