Attaching Debugger

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Heavey, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    Hello, I'm having a problem with running the Debugger on Windows 2000 Pro
    workstation. The help says that there are version of windows in which the
    debugger is not automatically attached, but it does not bother telling me
    what version of windows this occurs on.

    So does the debugger automatically attach for Windows 2000 pro workstation?

    It also tells me how to manually attach the debugger, but I can not seem to
    get the hang of it. It says I should lauch the application (without
    debugging and then choose "Processes" off of the "Debug". Then it tells me
    to select the process that I want to debug (ASPNET_WP.exe) then press the
    "Attach". This brings up a Dialog box which I am guessing I then select
    "Common Language Runtime".

    This process does not allow me to start debugging from the top of the
    program, It only starts after the Page loade and all corresponding events
    have run. Is there any way to be able to see the form load using this
    method?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!

    Jim Heavey, Apr 27, 2004