Attachment in CDOSYS

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Patrick C, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Patrick C

    Patrick C Guest

    Hi All

    I am having a rather odd problem with CDOSYS attachment.
    My script sends out an email to potential employers with candidate resume's
    in attahments.
    the attachmentes are made dynamically by looping the :

    ..AddAttachment "http://serverurl/previewcv.asp?candidateid=" & candidateid

    So far things go smoothly.

    The problem appears when the email has been sent:

    - From my development server: the attachments are added normally and named:
    ATT00184.htm , ATT00185.htm ... etc
    Which is perfect for later viewing.

    - From the shared hosting environment where the site is running: the
    attachments are added normally BUT they are all named: previewcv.htm
    which poses a caching problem when viewing them in a browser sometimes and
    most important does not allow the recipient to "save all attachments" as it
    will always ask to overwrite same name files.

    Your help is greatly appreciated

    thanks in advance
    Patrick

    Patrick C, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Patrick C

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:34:16 +0300, "Patrick C"
    <_nospam> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >I am having a rather odd problem with CDOSYS attachment.
    >My script sends out an email to potential employers with candidate resume's
    >in attahments.
    >the attachmentes are made dynamically by looping the :
    >
    >.AddAttachment "http://serverurl/previewcv.asp?candidateid=" & candidateid
    >
    >So far things go smoothly.
    >
    >The problem appears when the email has been sent:
    >
    >- From my development server: the attachments are added normally and named:
    >ATT00184.htm , ATT00185.htm ... etc
    > Which is perfect for later viewing.
    >
    >- From the shared hosting environment where the site is running: the
    >attachments are added normally BUT they are all named: previewcv.htm
    >which poses a caching problem when viewing them in a browser sometimes and
    >most important does not allow the recipient to "save all attachments" as it
    >will always ask to overwrite same name files.

    Sounds like you need to open a discussion with your hosting service..

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Patrick C

    Patrick C Guest

    My Hosting provider denies having any restrictions or special settings on
    the server.
    I tend to believe them since they usually go out of their way to solve my
    problems.

    My problem is very tricky coz it involves a mixture of features.

    Anyway I have written a class that retrieves the file via http and saves it
    to a temp folder, attaches it , sends it then deletes the temp file

    I just would have rathered to use the native feature in CDOSys

    thanks
    PC

    Patrick C, Jul 17, 2005