Attachment in CDOSYS

Patrick C

Hi All

I am having a rather odd problem with CDOSYS attachment.
My script sends out an email to potential employers with candidate resume's
in attahments.
the attachmentes are made dynamically by looping the :

..AddAttachment "http://serverurl/previewcv.asp?candidateid=" & candidateid

So far things go smoothly.

The problem appears when the email has been sent:

- From my development server: the attachments are added normally and named:
ATT00184.htm , ATT00185.htm ... etc
Which is perfect for later viewing.

- From the shared hosting environment where the site is running: the
attachments are added normally BUT they are all named: previewcv.htm
which poses a caching problem when viewing them in a browser sometimes and
most important does not allow the recipient to "save all attachments" as it
will always ask to overwrite same name files.

Your help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Patrick

Jeff Cochran

[...]

Sounds like you need to open a discussion with your hosting service..

Jeff

Patrick C

My Hosting provider denies having any restrictions or special settings on
the server.
I tend to believe them since they usually go out of their way to solve my
problems.

My problem is very tricky coz it involves a mixture of features.

Anyway I have written a class that retrieves the file via http and saves it
to a temp folder, attaches it , sends it then deletes the temp file

I just would have rathered to use the native feature in CDOSys

thanks
PC