Attachments in webservices without using WSE

nano2k

Hi

Is it possible to attach binary data to an SOAP response?
I need to transfer a byte array, but I cannot use WSE because my app
is designed to work also on '98 systems, and WSE is not supported.
If it's possible, can anyone provide a link?
I'm using .NET Framework v1.1.

Thanks.

Mariano Omar Rodriguez

You could create a string response and encode the array of bytes as base64
with Convert.ToBase64String.

nano2k

You could create a string response and encode the array of bytes as base64
with Convert.ToBase64String.
I don't want to waste processor power (encoding), memory (base64
strings hold +33% more memory) and traffic (+33% more network traffic
- over internet this pretty much).