attribute default value in sub element

Discussion in 'XML' started by Erwan, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Erwan

    Erwan Guest

    Hi

    I have the following DTD (extract)

    <!ELEMENT d_field (table_ref?, item*, lst_caption?, frm_caption?,
    frm_layout?, frm_alert_onvalid?, input?, list?)>
    <!ELEMENT input (onvalid?)>
    <!ATTLIST input
    default_value CDATA #IMPLIED
    modify (normal | disable | restrict) "normal"
    noentry_select CDATA "- - >"

    as you see the element input is declared as zero or one occurrences

    my question is can I get the default value of an attribute in input if
    the element has no occurence in d_field ?

    thanks

    erwan
    http://webxadmin.free.fr
    Erwan, Oct 20, 2004