    --
    Thanks,
    Mark
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Dec 13, 2006

  2. First, you don't have to fix validation errors. They don't stop your program
    from running correctly.

    Second, ms_2d_layout is not known to be a valid attribute for table indeed.
    Likely, it is an additional attribute used somewhere in the client code. If
    it is true, just ignore the error.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Re: Attribute 'ms_2d_layout' is not a valid attribute of element'tabl

    Eliyahu Goldin napisa³(a):
    > First, you don't have to fix validation errors. They don't stop your program
    > from running correctly.

    Partially true. Your webpages will work.
    But it's good habit to validate your (x)html files. It's important to
    produce standard compliant code because in this case you don't rely on
    browsers "quirks" mode rendering. The less errors in validation result,
    the less points where browser guessing "what you meant writing this
    piece of code". Errorless code means easier way to make it work properly
    because if something's wrong and your code validates - it's obvious that
    you screwed and not the browser "AI":)

    --
    PP
    Przemek Ptasznik, Dec 13, 2006
  4. What you are saying is correct when your code distort the right settings. It
    appears from the original post that the validation errors are caused by
    additional attributes that are likely needed for the client-side code. I
    myself introduced such attributes several times in my code. If that is the
    case, and you want to eliminate the validation errors, you would need to
    modify the schema used for validation. This task may be far beyond your
    capabilities and time/budget constraints and you would prefer rather live
    with the errors.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Re: Attribute 'ms_2d_layout' is not a valid attribute of element '

    A google search for ms_2d_layout shows it all over asp.net code, it doesn't
    appear to have anything to do with client side javascript - instead it looks
    like it is related to grid layout. I didn't put it there, it came when I
    ported from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0. Maybe is a way the validation
    error is trying to say don't use grid layout for kind of compatibliity with
    different browsers.
    --
    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Dec 14, 2006