attribute question and query strings

Discussion in 'XML' started by bjam, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. bjam

    bjam Guest

    Hi, I am hoping someone can answer the following question it seems when
    I put in an & in the query string to be translated as the link in the
    XML to HTML I get an error, just using the ? mark is fine but one I add
    additional paramaters to the XML it gives an error... any ideas? Below
    are the details. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

    I have the following XML

    XML
    ===========

    <file>
    <display
    href='xml_display.cgi?file=xdo_avail_row_counts.xml&xsl=dqm_general.xsl'>xdo
    avail row counts</display>
    </file>

    STLYE SHEET
    ================

    for some reason the following block of code in IE gives the following
    error

    <a>
    <xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:text/>
    <xsl:value-of select="@href" />
    </xsl:attribute>

    <xsl:attribute name="style"><xsl:text/>
    <xsl:value-of select='"text-decoration:none"' />
    </xsl:attribute>

    /></font>
    </a>

    ERROR
    =============
    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
    and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource
    'http://lx-dgdev51:8080/cgi-bin/index.cgi'. Line 33, Positi...

    <display
    href='xml_display.cgi?file=capacity_count.xml&xsl=dqm_general.xsl'>capacity
    count</display>
    ---...
    bjam, Mar 13, 2005

  2. your input is not well formed &'s must be quoted, eg as &amp; in XML
    element and attribute content.

    David
    David Carlisle, Mar 13, 2005

  3. bjam