Attribute 'Title' is not a valid attribute of element 'ProviderWebPart' etc..

rote

I have a webpart project i copied across and after setting up in VS 2005 all good.
When i go to the design mode and try and autofornat my webpartzone to for example Simple or Professional.
The i try and view it to Design mode i get error saying it can't be switched and then when i complile it i get these errors below !!! arg..

Attribute 'width' is considered outdated. A newer construct is recommended.
Attribute 'Title' is not a valid attribute of element 'ProviderWebPart'.

How can i get rid of these stuff.
Any ideas

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello rote,

What the doc type settings do you have and which superclass of webpart you
are using?!

Seems that you have .net 1.1 webpart, not 2.0 one

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
:: http://twitter.com/laflour

r> I have a webpart project i copied across and after setting up in VS
r> 2005 all good.
r>
r> When i go to the design mode and try and autofornat my webpartzone to
r> for example Simple or Professional.
r>
r> The i try and view it to Design mode i get error saying it can't be
r> switched and then when i complile it i get these errors below !!!
r> arg..
r>
r> Attribute 'width' is considered outdated. A newer construct is
r> recommended. Attribute 'Title' is not a valid attribute of element
r> 'ProviderWebPart'.
r>
r> How can i get rid of these stuff.
r> Any idea

rote

When i create a new webform and add Wepart components.
and Use the autoformat option it does work well and i can switch btw design
and code
I reckon it an old project and i have to re-create it.
Anyways to correct this without creating a new project?
Michael you do reisde in Melb isn't it.Do you attend MOSSIG :)

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello rote,

r> When i create a new webform and add Wepart components.
r> and Use the autoformat option it does work well and i can switch btw
r> design
r> and code
r> I reckon it an old project and i have to re-create it.
r> Anyways to correct this without creating a new project?

Seems that some of old classes is uses, which are outdated in new solution.

Compare what the difference in page from new solution and in old one

r> Michael you do reisde in Melb isn't it.Do you attend MOSSIG :)

Nope, I'm Sydney based :)

---