Audio Codec DE2-115

Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi ,

I have developed a embedded controller in VHDL to send I2C commands to the audio codec on DE2-115 board i.e WM8731.

When i send the programming data over I2C for it to send ADC data and i send it back into DAC . It works but everytime i program the FPGA , i hear clicking noise along with the sample audio from left or sometimes from right . And then i reset it again and i can still hear audio as if the device is shorted from inside and it is always transmitting ADC data ??,

I have taken a screen shot of audio data coming in from ADC and whats going into DAC , and this is when there is no audio input to ADC , and i can see some pulses there ??

Although on the DE2-115 schematic the mic line is grounded , there should not be any noise on this line .

Any clues ??

Attachments

  • audio.jpg
    audio.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 802
Joined
Dec 20, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Please,
Can you send to send me your code VHDL to send IC commands to the audio ?
Thank you very much
Olivier France