Audio File Playback

Peter Burns

I'm interested in tooling around with creating a media player in Ruby.
To get started, I'd like to do playback of mp3s and audio files in
general. Cross platform is of course preferred, but I'm looking to
use it on OS X. Does anyone know of any libraries for this?

I was surprised when none made themselves apparent to me.

Daniel Amelang

------=_Part_6962_22190319.1130998279127

Hmmm...I hear gstreamer is good for this kind of thing. Although gstreamer
works on *nix, win32 and osx, I think you might hit some trouble getting th=
ruby bindings to work on all three.

Here's where I'd start:

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby/GStreamer

Dan