audio input?

Tally

I am writing a nifty app that plays a series of sinewaves at different
frequencies where they are fed into a simple circuit involving either
an inductor or capacitor of unknown value. Another waveform is read
back in via the Line In of the computer and through various little
tricks my Python program will calculate the inductance or capitance of
the part.

So... I've checked out PySnack, and it doesn't do what I want. Does
anyone know of a clean, simple audio library or wrapper for Python
that is friendly to capturing low-latency audio to memory? It would be
nice if it had functions like RMS power and that kind of thing but I
can always write that myself in C...

Thanks for your time,
Tally

Humpty Dumpty

Have you checked out http://www.fmod.org/? It's a C library and there is a
Python extension that uses it. However, I haven't tried it yet, I'm hoping
to use it to read audio from mic and show the music notes that are played.

Oliver

Simon Burton

I am writing a nifty app that plays a series of sinewaves at different
frequencies where they are fed into a simple circuit involving either an
inductor or capacitor of unknown value. Another waveform is read back in
via the Line In of the computer and through various little tricks my
Python program will calculate the inductance or capitance of the part.

I've been using python for sound stuff for a while now.
Here is some of my work:
http://arrowtheory.com/software/hypersonic/index.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsptools/

Probably dsptools is closer to your requirements.
There is not much documentation, but i'm free to help out any.

cheers,

Simon.