    ICQ# 3150790
    "A witty saying proves nothing."
    -Voltaire

    Todd Stephens, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Todd Stephens <Huzzah!@Huzzah.com> wrote:

    > Is there such a module containing audio tools? I am looking specifically
    > for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav) to
    > ogg.

    You can try Snack --it doesn't support ogg :-(

    http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

    --
    David.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?David_Asorey_=C1lvarez?=, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Todd Stephens

    klappnase Guest

    Todd Stephens <Huzzah!@Huzzah.com> wrote in message news:<9bP9b.71118$>...
    > Is there such a module containing audio tools? I am looking specifically
    > for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav) to
    > ogg.

    Hi,

    try tkSnack : www.speech.kth.se/snack

    I think it should be able to handle ogg files, though I have not tried this.

    Cheers

    Michael

    klappnase, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Todd Stephens schrieb:
    > Is there such a module containing audio tools? I am looking specifically
    > for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav) to
    > ogg.

    What do you mean by "manipulation"? Edit the tag info? You can have a
    try with (my) libtagedit (libtagedit.sourceforge.net), which supports
    mp3 as well.

    Converting mp3 into ogg with preserving the tag information consists
    mostly out of building the commandline:

    trans_table = {
    "Artist": "--artist",
    "Title": "--title",
    "Track": "--tracknum",
    "Genre": "--genre",
    "Year": "--date",
    "Album": "--album",
    "Comment": "-c ="}

    def mp3ToOgg(tag, outdir, quality="3,5"):
    args = ["%s \"%s\"" % (trans_table[field], tag[field])
    for field in trans_table.keys() if tag[field]]
    args = " ".join(args)
    new = os.path.join(outdir,
    os.path.basename(tag.filename().replace(".mp3", ".ogg")))

    os.system("lame --decode \"%s\" -|oggenc -q %s -r -o \"%s\" %s -" %
    (tag.filename(), quality, new, args))

    This example uses libtagedit (tag is a tageditor class). If you want
    more specific information, I could mail you some scripts I wrote.

    greets

    Torsten

    Torsten Marek, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Hi!

    > I am looking
    > specifically for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other
    > formats (mp3, wav) to ogg.

    Well. I think at least for converting into ogg, the Python bindings
    provided on http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp should help (never
    tried myself).

    Bye
    Tobias

    Tobias Pfeiffer, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Todd Stephens

    Joe Francia Guest

    Todd Stephens wrote:
    > Is there such a module containing audio tools? I am looking specifically
    > for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav) to
    > ogg.

    Here are some Ogg Vorbis bindings for Python:

    http://www.andrewchatham.com/pyogg/

    Joe Francia, Sep 18, 2003
  7. Joe Francia wrote in article <Odeab.4545046$>:

    > Todd Stephens wrote:
    >> Is there such a module containing audio tools? I am looking specifically
    >> for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav)
    >> to ogg.
    >>

    > Here are some Ogg Vorbis bindings for Python:
    >
    > http://www.andrewchatham.com/pyogg/

    Excellent. Thanks to everyone that responded. Honestly I was not sure if
    there was going to be anything out there for this. I think I can work with
    what I have been shown here. Thanks again.

    --
    Todd Stephens

    Todd Stephens, Sep 18, 2003