    anything via Google so far.

    Thanks,

    -- Ben (aka divokz)

    Benjamin Oakes, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Benjamin Oakes wrote:
    > I'm interested in doing sound processing in Ruby. I've found some good
    > libraries for Python, but haven't been able to find anything very mature
    > for Ruby (which I would prefer to work with, since I don't know Python
    > nearly as well). Anything I've found on RubyForge, for example, is in
    > alpha. (I did find 'ruby/audio' but it I haven't had much luck with it
    > so far, without any type of guide.) Can anyone point me to some
    > resources? I haven't been able to find much of anything via Google so far.

    You might be able to find some good libraries in Java you could use
    through JRuby. I know there are a few simple ones built into Java SE. I
    don't know others off the top of my head though, but it's something to
    consider.

    - Charlie

    Charles Oliver Nutter, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Benjamin Oakes wrote:
    > I'm interested in doing sound processing in Ruby. I've found some good
    > libraries for Python, but haven't been able to find anything very mature
    > for Ruby (which I would prefer to work with, since I don't know Python
    > nearly as well). Anything I've found on RubyForge, for example, is in
    > alpha. (I did find 'ruby/audio' but it I haven't had much luck with it
    > so far, without any type of guide.) Can anyone point me to some
    > resources? I haven't been able to find much of anything via Google so far.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- Ben (aka divokz)

    I've started a project on Google code to do some related things. The
    project is

    http://code.google.com/p/r-ruby-algo-comp-synth/

    and it's mostly oriented towards algorithmic composition and synthesis
    of music. What are your use cases/requirements? Perhaps I can hook them
    into this project.

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Mar 5, 2008
  4.
    Benjamin Oakes, Mar 10, 2008