Audio Recording and transfer using TCP/IP

psk

Hi,

I need to read live audio from microphone and somehow make data
packets from it and send using my client-server implementation where
it will be played.

Can anyone tell me abt any available C libraries to read the audio
from mic and encode it.....and finally make a data packet as an input
for my client server application ???

Eagerly waiting for replies !!!!

Sk

Greg P.

| Can anyone tell me abt any available C libraries to read the audio
| from mic and encode it.....and finally make a data packet as an input
| for my client server application ???

Your post is way off-topic here. This newsgroup is for standard C, not 3rd
party utilities or multimedia extensions. It would be best to ask in a win32
newsgroup (like comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32) or something.

To help you get started though, start looking around (with google.com) for
some libraries. I have used fmod for a game once (http://fmod.org/), though
I doubt it creates packets for you.

psk

May b i posted it a wrong way. I need some C functions/libraries that
can return the audio data with some kind of enoding. I am not a winows
multimedia programmer.
I am implementing a multicast protocol in C and want to transfer live
audio over my multicast network.

So I dont know much about the audio re/streamin stuff.

SK

LibraryUser

*** top-posting fixed ***
psk said:
May b i posted it a wrong way. I need some C functions/libraries that
can return the audio data with some kind of enoding. I am not a winows
multimedia programmer.
I am implementing a multicast protocol in C and want to transfer live
audio over my multicast network.

So I dont know much about the audio re/streamin stuff.

Please do not top post. The point is that your question has
nothing to do with the topic of this news group. We deal ONLY
with portable C, where everything can be related to the published
ISO C standards. The language knows nothing about audio,
windows, multicast, etc. If you are not operating on windows
good for you, but you still need to find a newsgroup that deals
with your particular system.

Mark Gordon

On 5 Sep 2003 23:15:09 -0700
May b i posted it a wrong way. I need some C functions/libraries that
can return the audio data with some kind of enoding. I am not a winows
multimedia programmer.
I am implementing a multicast protocol in C and want to transfer live
audio over my multicast network.

So I dont know much about the audio re/streamin stuff.

Don't top post. Post you reply under the text you are replying to.

What part of this line do you not understand? You are asking for third
party libraries and they are OFF TOPIC here.

Search on google or find a news group dedicated to your platform and ask
there, having first check the FAQ for the group.