    have no idea how can I get to the sound sample (8 bit sample, 1 channel) to
    switch last bit in each sample. HELP!!!

    fsk
    sznoorek, Dec 18, 2006

  2. sznoorek

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    sznoorek wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm writing a VoIP communicator and i need to put digital watermark into
    > transmitted audio.
    > I'm using PCM codecs and I would like to do that with exchanging LSB, but I
    > have no idea how can I get to the sound sample (8 bit sample, 1 channel) to
    > switch last bit in each sample. HELP!!!
    >
    > fsk

    In what way does this have to do with Java? Please find an appropriate
    group for your questions.
    Daniel Pitts, Dec 18, 2006

  3. sznoorek wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm writing a VoIP communicator and i need to put digital watermark into
    > transmitted audio.
    > I'm using PCM codecs and I would like to do that with exchanging LSB, but I
    > have no idea how can I get to the sound sample (8 bit sample, 1 channel) to
    > switch last bit in each sample. HELP!!!
    >
    > fsk

    Flip a bit? I haven't had to do that in a long time.

    XOR the 8 bit value with 1.

    --
    knute...
    email s/knute/nospam/
    Knute Johnson, Dec 19, 2006
  4. sznoorek

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Knute Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > sznoorek wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I'm writing a VoIP communicator and i need to put digital watermark into
    >> transmitted audio.
    >> I'm using PCM codecs and I would like to do that with exchanging LSB, but
    >> I have no idea how can I get to the sound sample (8 bit sample, 1
    >> channel) to switch last bit in each sample. HELP!!!
    >>
    >> fsk

    > Flip a bit? I haven't had to do that in a long time.
    >
    > XOR the 8 bit value with 1.

    (1) The OP seems to have trouble with getting the bits themselves. Maybe
    if the OP would specify what classes (s)he is using, e.g. AudioInputStream,
    it might make the question easier to answer.

    (2) I'm guessing the OP doesn't really want to flip the bit, but rather
    to hardset it to either 0 or 1, depending on what the contents of the
    watermark is. That is, the OP should be overwriting, rather than flipping,
    the bit.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Dec 19, 2006
  5. sznoorek

    sznoorek Guest

    Hi,
    It's me again! ;o
    Oliver was right! I'm having trouble with getting bits themselves - and as
    he mentioned I'm using AudioInputStream. :)
    Then I would like to set the last bit of the sample frame! I've got hash
    function, which result I would like to put to the audio stream as a
    watermark.

    I've got smth like this:

    if (target_line.isOpen()) {
    audio_input_stream=new AudioInputStream(target_line);
    audio_input_stream=AudioSystem.getAudioInputStream(format,audio_input_stream);

    --> HERE I would like to get a new input_stream or a byte array,
    where in each byte (sample) I need to set the last bit taken from result of
    my hash function.

    I will aprreciate Your help!

    fsk
    sznoorek, Dec 19, 2006