  1. Since installing the VS.NET August CTP the DataFormatString of the
    BoundField in the Gridview does not work. Runtime v2.0.50727.

    <asp:BoundField DataField="Event_Date" DataFormatString="{0:yyyy/MM/dd}"

    It still shows the date as "2005/05/03 12:45 AM"

    It worked in beta 2, don't knwo about July CTP, but August CTP is a problem

    v2.0.50727

    Anybody else know about this please... am I missing something...

    Thks

    Gerhard

    Gerhard Pretorius, Sep 6, 2005

  2. This was confirmed by another machine where we installed August CTP..
    Anyone from Microsoft to confirm this? Please...

    Gerhard

    Gerhard Pretorius, Sep 7, 2005

  3. This also does not work in ASP.NET 2.0 August CTP in a GridView
    DataFormatString="{0:#.#}"

    Please, someone from Microsoft, can you confirm this?

    Thanks

    Gerhard Pretorius, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Gerhard Pretorius

    Louis Guest

    I don't know if you have found the answer already, but it is by design
    that the DataFormatString doesn't work with HtmlEncode=true (default).
    So change HtmlEncode to False and it will work. See also
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=b00b3ec6-e8fa-4f4d-b1e9-39162abc847b

    Louis

    Louis, Sep 22, 2005