Authenticate and session

TruongLapVi

Hi

I am using Forms Authentiaction. In Login Page, after authenticate, I read
from database some info and save them into session.

I set session time out 1 minutes, after that time, session will be destroy
but authentication info still alive. When user request again, his
authentiacation info still valid but there is no session data of him?

how can I solve the problem

Guest

Form authentication timeout is independent of the Session timeout. Forms authentication uses a cookie which remains valid even after session restart

best solution is to adopt an independent and design your app accordingly - i mean user authenticates but Session contains no data. then go ahead and populate the sessions

Another workaround is to use "OnAcquireRequestState" event and call FormsAuthentication.SignOut() inside that if the session value is blank

Hope this hel

Avnees
MCAD,MCSD.Ne

then the application and therefore the Session will be restarted, but the authentication cookie will still be vali
----- TruongLapVi wrote: ----

I am using Forms Authentiaction. In Login Page, after authenticate, I rea
from database some info and save them into session

I set session time out 1 minutes, after that time, session will be destro
but authentication info still alive. When user request again, hi
authentiacation info still valid but there is no session data of him

how can I solve the proble

.NET Follower

I think ur Session and forms cookie timeout should be in Synchronous

i.e same should be the value...

--
Thanks and Regards,

Amit Agarwal
Software Programmer(.NET)
Avneesh said:
Form authentication timeout is independent of the Session timeout. Forms
authentication uses a cookie which remains valid even after session restart.
best solution is to adopt an independent and design your app accordingly -
i mean user authenticates but Session contains no data. then go ahead and
populate the sessions.
Another workaround is to use "OnAcquireRequestState" event and call
FormsAuthentication.SignOut() inside that if the session value is blank.
Hope this help

Avneesh
MCAD,MCSD.Net

then the application and therefore the Session will be restarted, but the
authentication cookie will still be valid