    apologize in advance if I posted to the wrong group.

    Thanks!
    , Dec 7, 2005

  2. Maybe you should look at this article at:-
    http://203.109.151.123/home.nsf/articles/dominotodotnet_part2.aspx

    Patrick.O.Ige, Dec 8, 2005

  3. ..NET has two LDAP stacks to play with, System.DirectoryServices and
    System.DirectoryServices.Protocols (in .NET 2.0). S.DS.P is a low level,
    pure LDAP API, while S.DS uses ADSI under the hood.

    Essentially, you just need to do a bind in order to authenticate a user. In
    S.DS, that would generally look like:

    bool authenticated;
    DirectoryEntry entry = new
    DirectoryEntry("LDAP://yourdominoserver.com/rootDSE","user","password",AuthenticationTypes.None);
    try
    {
    object o = entry.NativeObject;
    authenticated = true;
    }
    catch (COMException ex)
    {
    authenticated = false;
    {
    finally
    entry.Dispose();

    The trick is getting the object you want to use correct (rootDSE should be
    ok if Domino supprts LDAP V3) and the username right. You also want to
    prevalidate for null passwords since simple bind with null password is
    supposed to succeed.

    If you want to use S.DS.P, the syntax is a little different, but the idea is
    the same.

    Note that the above code is not secure because it passes the plain text
    credentials on the network. Ideally your domino LDAP server would support
    SSL so that you could use the SecureSocketsLayer flag.

    HTH,

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Dec 8, 2005