    I hope someone can clear this confusion up for me

    Yours Sincerely

    Richard West
    freesoft_2000, Aug 25, 2005

  2. freesoft_2000

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:25:52 -0400, "freesoft_2000"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    > Now if you want to write to that URL(which most probably
    >requires a password) can you also use the Authenticator class or is the
    >Authenticator class meant for reading from URLs only

    You don't write to an URL. You might GET, POST or PUT but there is no
    straight forward write.

    I assume then you are talking metaphorically. In that case I think
    you would simply register a different Authenticator before accessing
    the URL.

    "Shall I try the experiment?"
    ~ The Duchess, The Mock Turtle's Story, Alice In Wonderland.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 26, 2005