    correct way to validate an email address and password from a database and
    allow the changed password to be written back. It would also be useful to
    know how to process forgotten passwords.
    H, Feb 1, 2005

  2. The following link on Microsoft's website may be of some help:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconSimpleCookieAuthentication.asp
    Item # 4 of the article is where you will have to implement your custom
    validation of the email address and password against your database.

    As far as the forgotten passwords is concerned, I would take the following
    approach. I would implement code that retrieves password from the database
    given an email address and use SMTP (look up SmtpMail.Send function) to
    automatically email out the password to the email. This ensures that the
    email address is genuine and only the person that has ownership of the email
    account has access to the webpage. http://ASP.NET may be a good resource for
    this.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Gopal Rangaswamy
    Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer

    "H" <> wrote in message
    > I have designed a C# application that will populate a database with

    customer
    > information and email a randomly generated password to them. I would like
    > them to have the ability to update their details on a form via secure

    login.

    Gopal \(FMS, Inc.\), Feb 1, 2005

  3. H

    H Guest