Authenticating against NT 4 Domain

ShikariShambu

Hi All,
We have a website that uses Forms Authentication. the users userid and
password are setup on the NT 4 Domain.

And, the information provided on the form is validated against the Domain
Controller using the LogonUser function.

The issue we have is since the Domain is NT4 we have been forced to run the
site under a privileged account (an account that has act as Operating System
right) since only such an account can make a LogonUser call / impersonate
calls to the underlying COM+ subsystem.

We would like to avoid running the site under a privileged account. Is there
any other way of doing the authentication.

TIA