Authenticating Against Users Defined In a Database - Tomcat

Eddy C

Could someone point me in the right direction - I'm trying to
authenticate users against a SQL Server database and found plenty of
articles on how to create tables such as user-roles but I want to use
the actual users defined in SQL Server, because the users are also
directly logging into the db. I also tried using NTLM but our
production environment will not allow this.

TIA

Abhijat Vatsyayan

I can think of three possible approaches to this -

* Provide custom implementation for org.apache.catalina.Realm
interface. This implementation should use SQL server users.
* If possible, create dynamic views to work with JDBCRealm.
* Provide implementation for interface org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase,
bind it to a JNDI name and use org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.

You might also want to look at tomcat javadocs .

Abhijat