    Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

    Edward
    , Oct 12, 2005

  2. huh? Lost me.
    You say you can read the barcode, fill it in to a text box but you lost me
    where the problem is?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Oct 12, 2005

  3. 1)My experience is that the CR is on the scanners, not on each barcode. You
    will be able to program the scanner settings to add a CR or TAB upon
    scanning. One of it is the default setting depends of manufacture. So this
    feature must be quite reliable, unless the scanners at client site are very
    very old.

    2) Have not tried scanning to password filed.Some thing to explore may be
    that if a javascript keydown/keypress/keyup events are fired when you scan to
    a text box. If any of it being fired, you could save the value to a hidden
    field and replace the textbox value with *** ... Just some vague thoughts..
    not very sure.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Oct 12, 2005

    Curt_C wrote:
    > huh? Lost me.
    > You say you can read the barcode, fill it in to a text box but you lost me
    > where the problem is?

    At the point when the reading of the barcode has been completed I would
    like the following to happen:

    1. Run a query against a SQL database, using the barcode as a
    Parameter, to return the Employee's details.

    2. If found, the screen to display the details for a number of
    seconds, so that they get some visual feedback that their login has
    succeeded.

    3. At the termination of this screen display, the system to clear the
    screen ready for the next employee to scan the barcode.

    I want this to happen, if possible, without any user action EXCEPT for
    them presenting their pass to the barcode scanner.

    Thanks

    Edward
    , Oct 12, 2005
  5. KMA Guest

    Edward,

    Of course, your requirements are your requirements so I don't want to
    ctiticise them. But isn't this app better suited to a desktop model? The
    clients anyway will require a scanner. Isn't forcing it into a web app just
    doing it for the sake of it? If the user just need to present their badge
    and be done with it why have it running in a browser? Apart form easier
    distribution of app updates.

    KMA, Oct 13, 2005