Authenticating users against Windows NT User GROUPS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jr. BTS dev!, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Jr. BTS dev!

    Jr. BTS dev! Guest

    Hello all,
    In my web app I want to authenticate users using the Windows NT user
    Groups they blong to.
    The app will be used internally.
    Users will all belong to the same domain
    Users are separated by groups
    In more details I want to know if the user is administrator, users,
    customer service (a windows group i create) and so on.
    I tried using Request.LogonUserIdentity.Groups but did not result in
    what I want.
    So far I can do it at the individual level using
    Request.LogonUserIdentity.Name.ToString();
    but this only works if i have a limited number of users, not a huge
    number.

    Please advise

    thanks in advance
    Jr. BTS dev!, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Jr. BTS dev!

    Guest

    If you are using 2.0 then take a look at the ADMembershipProvider.

    David Barkol
    www.neudesic.com
    , Jan 27, 2006

  3. Have you considered
    Page.User.IsInRole("domain|computer\group")

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhc2U=?=, Jan 27, 2006