Authenticating users in AXIS ??

Ebrahim

Hi ,
I am writting a AXIS webapp using a TOMCAT server. I have 20 odd web
services . I was thinking of having a login service .. but i guess it
doesnt make sense as the client wud need to send auth info with every
msg ( as params ).

1. Is there a way to send authentication info for each client within
the message in a secure manner (given that TOMCAT actually
authenticates the user in basic HTTP auth )? If there is then how do I
access this info ?

I also need to accept and send files . The clients may not be written
in java. Thus i need send files using attachments. Any idea how this
can be done ?

Thanks ,
bye EBBY