Authenticating web srvices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ThatsIT.net.au, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. ThatsIT.net.au, Aug 29, 2009

  2. If you mean Integrated Authentication,...the User and the Web Service need
    to be on the same side of the proxy,...meaning the user does not go through
    the proxy to get there.

    --
    Phillip Windell

    Phillip Windell, Aug 31, 2009

  3. I was trying intragrated but I also tried Digest but could not get to work

    I am willing to use soap headers but was not clear on a few things. I was
    trying to send soap headers and then use them to authenticate against forms
    authentication. but could not get this to work. I could use a function to
    check database but would need to use this for each and every web method,
    while this is ok, I would rather use forms authentication and use
    user.identity.isauthenticated

    I have gone on to soothing else in the meantime, but still need to get it
    working.
    do you have any advice,

    Thanks

    ThatsIT.net.au, Sep 2, 2009
  4. When you say "web service" you are getting into web development with
    ASP.Net. I am not a developer and would not have a clue,...I can barely
    even spell "asp.net".

    I don't think what you are trying to do with SOAP is even remotely possible
    with Forms Based Authentication, but I could be wrong.

    You could investigate Authenticaation methods here in the link below or in
    the ISA's built in help,..but beyond that I have no idea.

    ISA2006
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb898433(TechNet.10).aspx

    --
    Phillip Windell

    Technet Library
    ISA2004
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc302436(TechNet.10).aspx
    ISA2006
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb898433(TechNet.10).aspx

    Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
    http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html

    Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc

    Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
    http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.mspx

    Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions
    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/partners/hardwarepartners.mspx

    Phillip Windell, Sep 2, 2009
  5. Thanks i though you were relying from the asp.net group

    ThatsIT.net.au, Sep 3, 2009