Authentication between site and its virtual directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Lev Vigdorov, May 4, 2004.

  1. Lev Vigdorov

    Lev Vigdorov Guest

    I have a site that uses FormsAuthentication. I have a virtual directory
    on this site, that is configured as a vitrual application and has it's
    own Web.config file in it. What I'm trying to achive: once a user is
    authenticated on to the "main" site, if he clicks a link redirecting to
    a page located in that virtual directory (i.e. from:
    http://localhost/index.aspx to http://localhost/dir/index.aspx), then
    the user is automatically authenticated into the directory as well. No
    success so far, Request.IsAuthenticated=false while on
    http://localhost/dir/index.aspx page, coming from
    http://localhost/index.aspx. <authentication mode="Forms"> in both
    Web.config in the root and directory and <identity impersonate="true" />
    in /dir/Web.config. I thought that the cookies set by
    FormsAuthentication could be read on the same domain, am I missing some
    other settings? Any ideas or references will be appreciated. Thanks in
    advance!

    Lev Vigdorov, May 4, 2004