Authentication enabled for all but a single directory or file.

UJ

I have a web site up and going and on the main login screen there's a help
menu option. If the person selects that before they have logged in, it
attempts to redirect them to a page telling them how to log in. Problem is
though that since they haven't been authenticated, the authentication
redirects them to the login page.

How can I have a specific directory or even a single page not require
authentication. I don't want to make the entire site a subdirectory - I'd
rather leave the directory structure as it is.

Here's the authentication line from my web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="Login"
loginUrl="common/Login.aspx"
protection="All"
path="/"
timeout="30"></forms>
</authentication>

TIA.

Jeffrey

UJ

Could somebody post code to do this please? I can't get it to work. And the
help on the Microsoft page is really unhelpful. Here's what I have at the
moment. It works only on the login page. After that you get a Unrecognized
attribute 'location'. error.

TIA - Jeffrey.

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="Login"
loginUrl="common/Login.aspx"
protection="All"
path="/"
timeout="30"></forms>
</authentication>

<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
<allow users="*" location="/LoginHelp.html"></allow>
</authorization>