"Authentication failed" error using paramiko

Discussion in 'Python' started by sa6113, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. sa6113

    sa6113 Guest

    I am using this code to connect to a windows machine using paramiko, I have
    installed sshd on the machine and it works properly:

    sock.connect((hostname, port))
    t = paramiko.Transport(sock)
    event = threading.Event()
    t.start_client(event)
    event.wait()
    if not t.is_active():
    print 'SSH negotiation failed.'
    sys.exit(1)
    else:
    print "SSH negotiation sucessful"
    event.clear()
    t.auth_password(username=username, password=password,event=event)

    if not t.is_authenticated():
    print "Authentication failed"

    output:

    SSH negotiation successful
    Authentication failed

    I uploaded log file I am sure about username and password on that machine.

    What is the problem?

    sa6113, Oct 21, 2008