Authentication Feature Of JBoss JMX Console

mattiz

We are facing a peculiar situation on the jboss server when we use the
JMX feature. We have created a customized server under servers folder
of jboss by modifying the native JMX console to filter out and show
only custom made JMX beans. Also we have used the JMX login feature to
authenticate users to the JMX console.
The following lines in 04-security-service.xml
(jboss-4.0.3SP1\server\custom_server\deploy) promises to timeout the
user after the specified number of seconds.

<!-- DefaultCacheTimeout: Specifies the default timed cache
policy timeout
in seconds.
If you want to disable caching of security credentials, set this
to 0 to
force authentication to occur every time. This has no affect if
the
AuthenticationCacheJndiName has been changed from the default
value.
-->
<attribute name="DefaultCacheTimeout">0</attribute>

The authentication to the JMX web console works fine without any hitch.
However in practice we observed that the user was not timed out even
after we set the DefaultCacheTimeout to zero as in the snippet above.
Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might not have worked? I
would be thankful if anyone comes up with a suggestion.