Authentication forms + domain

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

(VS 2005, .NET 2.0)

Hi,

I have a sub directory protected with mode=Forms.. I have roles and users
defined. When I test locally everything works.

When I test on our development server, I get a Windows popup
authentication... my login form does not appear. (We're on a domain)

What's hapening?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

bruce barker said:
turn anonymous on on the server

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Even if other parts on the website runs fine (the parts where
authentification is not required)?

Thanks!

George Ter-Saakov

Most likely you did not give ASP.NET account permission to the folder when
moved the project to the server.

ASP.NET, IUSR_MACHINE, IWAM_MACHINE needs to have a permissions to read that
folder (and subfolders).

George.