Authentication not mapping domain user to local windows group

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I am using local windows groups as roles in an asp.net application. In my
    web.config file, I have the following:

    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="localmachinename\OOK_CDD" />
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>

    The problem is that when I launch the application, a challenge response box
    is brought up, even though I have impersonation turned on and have anonymous
    access disabled in my virtual directory options. If I type in my qualified
    domain name and password, I can get to the application and everything works
    fine. However, I can't figure out why either my network credentials are not
    being passed to the application (I think that they are) or my authentication
    evidence (domain) cannot be mapped to local windows groups.

    Thoughts??

    tia,

    _howard
    =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=, Jan 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=

    David Jessee Guest

    I just had a thought.....
    does this happen when you do
    http://localhost/app
    and also when you use your machine name?
    and when you use a fully qualified machine name? i.e. machinename.aramco.com

    "howard dierking" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    David Jessee, Jan 25, 2005